How Diamond Bank conspired with staff, defrauded me of N4.2m life savings – Abuja-based businesswoman

Forum 7 years ago

How Diamond Bank conspired with staff, defrauded me of N4.2m life savings – Abuja-based businesswoman

An Abuja based business woman, Ada Ann, has lamented the rate at which Diamond Bank Plc defraud unsuspecting customers of their hard earned money.

The young nursing mother narrated the tale of her missing money to DAILY POST.

The embattled boutique owner stated that the bank and their staff duped her since 2014 and all efforts to recover the said money have fallen on hard rocks as Diamond Bank has ”failed, refused, declined, rebuffed and or neglected” to do anything about her case.

Ann said the bank officials literally asked her to ”go to hell.”

In her alarming tale to our correspondent, Ann said, “I am a young nursing mother, married to a loving husband who believes in the old fashioned tenets of hard work, industry, grit and determination. I have never cheated anyone in my life, neither have I ever enjoyed unfair advantage in all my dealings all through my years on this earth- either in private or in the course of doing business, yet I have been robbed blind by the very people I trusted with my life’s savings.

“Bad things are not supposed to happen to good people right? Yes, but my case is unfortunately different. I am asking why this kind of fate should befall me now, losing all the savings I ever worked for, for the simple reason I chose to bank these savings, the proceeds of my business with Diamond Bank.

“All my business earnings and life savings from my boutique- four million, one hundred and eighty thousand naira, accumulated over several months of sales have been stolen by this bank and their staff since 2014, and all efforts to recover this money have proved futile as Diamond Bank have failed, refused, declined, rebuffed and or neglected to do anything about my case.

“The bank literally told me to go to hell- hell is where I presently am, because having stolen my life’s savings, I had no funds to buy new stock and my fledgling business has almost collapsed, throwing my six staff into the labor market, making me near destitute.

“In this biting recession, and having no one to fight for me, I have now been forced to voice out after several months of outright negligence, lies, disrespect, and snobbery by this contraption of con men called Diamond Bank.”

Asked how it all happened, Ann said, “Sometime in 2011, in my quest for financial independence, I decided to register a boutique at the CAC, with intent to open one around the Wuse axis once I had money. I wanted my boutique to serve Abuja residents especially the womenfolk with good female wears and accessories. I scrounged money from family, friends and savings to rent a shop at Suite F15 and 45, Old Banex, in Wuse 2, Abuja.

“A Cube Boutique was thus born- it was tough, but I succeeded, only to start another battle, trying to raise money to stock it. I managed to do so successfully again months later, such that by 2012, I had commenced operations. I put in my all- body, soul and spirit as my modest efforts soon began to pay off. By the following year, 2013, I was already doing good business, turning over a tidy profit.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Dorben Polytechnic Abuja announces 5th Convocation Ceremony
Forum | 1 day ago

Dorben Polytechnic Abuja announces 5th Convocation Ceremony

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again
Forum | 4 days ago

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date
Forum | 6 days ago

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date