"How I’ve Been Coping Without A Child Of My Own For 10 Years" – Actor Emeka Okoro

Forum 6 years ago

"How I’ve Been Coping Without A Child Of My Own For 10 Years" – Actor Emeka Okoro

Nollywood actor, Emeka Okoro, has been married to his beautiful wife, Jane for ten years. They are still looking to God for a child.

In a new interview with Tofarati Ige of Sunday Scoop, actor Emeka Okoro opened up on how he has been coping without a child of his own all these time.

Emeka Okoro told Tofarati Ige that he is not bothered that his marriage has not yet been blessed with kids.

He said:

“I have been married for ten years and we are praying to God for children. I am not worried about my situation. When you are in Christ, you will know that some situations are just temporary.”

On how he handles pressure from family members, Emeka Okoro said:

“I don’t succumb to family pressure. I am a man who controls things around me, including my family; nobody can tell me what to do.

My wife is not disturbed as well because we know it is just a phase. The idea of taking another wife has never come to my mind too.”
Explaining why he hasn’t been so prominent on the scene, he said:

“I am still acting and I just finished my own movie, Flee, which will be premiered on March 30. Though I have not been acting much, I have been busy too.

I have a media company and I handle a lot of adverts for corporate companies. Sometimes, when you discover life, you want to diversify, but I am back to Nollywood fully now.

Acting was quite fulfilling for me then; everything was okay. But along the line, the course of my life changed when I met Christ and I became a born-again Christian.

When you are in Christ, God takes you through certain processes for you to become a better person.

In the past, I was a playboy and I didn’t care about whatever I did. Right now, I thank God in whatever I do.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry
Forum | 11 hours ago

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha
Forum | 4 days ago

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha's Personal Doctor Breaks Silence On Abacha's Death

14 years On, We’re Still Saying I DO - Actress, Ufuoma McDermott Celebrates 14th Wedding Anniversary With Husband
Forum | 4 days ago

14 years On, We’re Still Saying I DO - Actress, Ufuoma McDermott Celebrates 14th Wedding Anniversary With Husband