How To “Blow” Secrets In The Nigerian Music Industry; The Humblesmith Example. Part 1

Forum 7 years ago

How To “Blow” Secrets In The Nigerian Music Industry; The Humblesmith Example. Part 1

The Music industry easily passes as the fastest growing sector of the Nigerian economy. Gone are the days when music was not considered a profitable venture in Nigeria, back then in the 80’s, 90’s and early in the millennium Nigerian parents rebuked their wards against pursuing music as a career. Nigerian Parents could literally pray for you even with the laying of hands if you dare announced your intention to pursue music professionally.

Things are a little different today, you know right? A little analysis by CNN Marketplace Africa as shown with statistics how auspicious and profitable the Nigerian entertainment and music sector is. “According to Bloomberg, mobile music sales generate $150 million annually for Nigerian artists, as well as offering the largest distribution platform for digital music and world music.”

Also “By 2019, Pricewaterhouse Coopers predicts that Nigeria’s entertainment and music industry is predicted to surpass $8 billion.” If you are thinking what am thinking, you can see with me that projection is very enticing. You may even be tempted to seek a music career, must definitely you want to get your own share of the delicious pie. But that pie is only devoured by artistes who in the Nigerian lingo we considered to have “blown”, i.e., artistes that have gotten nationwide/cross border recognition and
acceptance. So that elicits the question how can I “blow” or what should I do to “blow”.

I model this secrets after fast rising singer Humblesmith. Let us establish a common ground here you first of all must be good enough for a record label to sign you on as an artiste on their roster. But that is not a guarantee you will blow sha. Step 1: Seek A Collabo With An Established Music Act

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 1 hour ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 1 hour ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business
Forum | 2 hours ago

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business

Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online
Forum | 3 hours ago

Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online