I Am Gay, Catholic Priest Confesses; Pope Francis Expels Him

Forum 8 years ago

I Am Gay, Catholic Priest Confesses; Pope Francis Expels Him

The Vatican, on Saturday, fired a senior priest, Krzysztof Charamsa, who publicly came out as gay on the eve of a major meeting of church leaders to discuss the Church’s stance on social issues such as divorce and the growing negative trend of homos*xuality.

A statement from Pope Francis described the Polish Priest’s action as “very serious and irresponsible,” adding that he would be immediately sacked from his post as a theologian in the Vatican.

The statement issued by a spokesman for the Pope read, “The decision to make such a pointed statement on the eve of the opening of the synod appears very serious and irresponsible, since it aims to subject the synod assembly to undue media pressure.”

But Priest Charamsa, who is a mid-level official in the Vatican bureaucracy’s dealing with church doctrine,flanked by his Spanish gay boyfriend while donning his priest’s collar, on Saturday,
had earlier told a news conference in Rome that he was compelled to speak out against
the “hypocrisy and paranoia”that he said had shaped the Church’s attitude to s*xual
minorities.

The 43-year-old priest said, “I’m out of the closet, and I’m very happy about that. I want to be an advocate for all s*xual minorities and their families who have suffered in silence.”

He presented a 10-point “liberation manifesto” against “institutionalised homophobia in the Church,” which he said particularly oppressed the gay men who he claimed make up the majority of priests.

He revealed plans for a book about his 12 years at the Vatican bureaucracy, only just recovering
from a scandal under previous Pope Benedict XVI over the influence of a “gay lobby” among senior clergy.

Pope Francis and Catholic leadership are not ready to allow Christianity be turned into something else.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
It
Forum | 1 hour ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

Enugu To Give Mr Ibu And Junior Pope ‘Befitting’ Burial
Forum | 5 days ago

Enugu To Give Mr Ibu And Junior Pope ‘Befitting’ Burial

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Throws Support Behind Cubana Chief Priest Amid Alleged Naira Abuse

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 1 week ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara