I do not know if Messi will end career at Barcelona – Luis Enrique

Forum 7 years ago

I do not know if Messi will end career at Barcelona – Luis Enrique

Barcelona coach, Luis Enrique said it would be a “perfect story” if Argentina play-maker, Lionel Messi ended his career at Barcelona.

Reports was all over the media earlier this week suggesting Messi was not interested at this juncture to extend his current contract, which is due to expire in 2018.

But Barcelona president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, insisted that the forward will sign a new contract that will see him end his career at Camp Nou.

And Enrique thinks it would be fitting for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner to see out his playing days at the Spanish champions.

Speaking at a news conference ahead of Saturday’s home game against Malaga, Enrique said, “I think he will be here for many years.

“A player who left his country when he was young, for him to finish his career as the number one player in history at the club where he started – it would be the perfect story.

“I would like that [to happen] but that is his thing.”

Asked if he could influence the player’s decision, Luis Enrique added, “That’s something between the club and the player and they are the ones that should talk about it.

“I can give them information as we know having Messi on the team brings certain guarantees.

“It’s a story that needs a happy ending but that question is for other people to answer.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I
Forum | 1 day ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 1 day ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton
Forum | 1 day ago

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton

Career & Net Worth Of Bobby Ernest
Forum | 1 day ago

Career & Net Worth Of Bobby Ernest