I don’t know of my removal from the office – Ex-NNPC spokesman, Garba Deen

Forum 7 years ago

I don’t know of my removal from the office – Ex-NNPC spokesman, Garba Deen

Former spokesman of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Garba Deen Muhammad has claimed that he has not been officially informed of his removal from office.

DAILY POST reports that Ndu Ughamadu, has been appointed to take over from Muhammad.

Reacting, Muhammed said he had not received any official communication to that effect.
“I cannot comment on the rumour of reshuffle. I heard about it but I’ve not received any communication officially,” he reportedly said.
“I cannot confirm or deny the story because I have not been informed; when I get any information I will update you.”

NNPC yesterday issued a statement to announce the appointment and redeployment of top management staff, including Muhammad.

The Group Managing Director, Dr. Maikanti Baru said that the changes were “informed by the desire to consolidate on the restructuring exercise through realigning jobs with requisite competences and experiences in line with international best practices while taking deliberate measures to ensure fairness and equity as well as the capacity to deliver,” the statement read.

“As you might have heard, His Excellency Mr. President has approved the high level organogram of the corporation and appointment of staff into various positions. Most importantly, the changes were done in the spirit of entrenching professionalism and accountability which is a cardinal principle of our 12 business focus areas which are hinged on the slogan moving NNPC Forward…Together.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total
Forum | 2 days ago

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 2 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Box Office Results: Civil War Fends Off Competition
Forum | 3 days ago

Box Office Results: Civil War Fends Off Competition

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 4 days ago

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians