I Don't Want to Be a Bishop Again - Pastor Whose Church Collapsed on Worshipers in Uyo Speaks Out

Forum 7 years ago

I Don't Want to Be a Bishop Again - Pastor Whose Church Collapsed on Worshipers in Uyo Speaks Out

Pastor Akan Weeks is the General Overseer of Reigners Bible Church, Akwa Ibom.

The church recently witnessed a devastating tragedy after its building collapsed in Uyo, leaving scores dead and many more injured.

The pastor himself was reportedly seriously injured in the leg during the incident.

In a recent statement, the pastor revealed that he is no longer interested in being a bishop.

According to The Independent, the Pastor who is recuperating in a hospital, squashed speculations that he was installed as a bishop at a secret location shortly after the collapse of the church building.

“Let nobody believe the speculation that I was enthroned as the bishop; the enthronement was cancelled completely and I am no longer interested in being a bishop.

“Please, this is not the time to crucify me; I am still your brother. Reigners Church family, I am still your pastor. The enthronement was cancelled completely and I am not interested.

"Please let us rise and pray. I really sympathise with the departed souls. Once I am out of my hospital bed, I will come on air and we will pray together. I was also seriously injured. One of my legs was seriously damaged,” Weeks said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Commotion As Bishop And Others Get Stabbed During Church Service
Forum | 2 days ago

Commotion As Bishop And Others Get Stabbed During Church Service

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche
Forum | 3 days ago

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche

I Don’t Want To Be a Godfather – El Rufai
Forum | 3 days ago

I Don’t Want To Be a Godfather – El Rufai