I’m Not A Thief, I’m Not A Criminal – Former Benue Governor, Suswam

Forum 8 years ago

I’m Not A Thief, I’m Not A Criminal – Former Benue Governor, Suswam

Former Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue State, yesterday, denied stealing the state’s money during his eight years tenure in office. Suswam spoke at a special thanksgiving service organised for him at the Holy Ghost Catholic Church, Makurdi, by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, lawmakers at Benue State House of Assembly,,

He regretted that before the last general elections, the All Progressives Congress, APC, had sold to the people that salaries were not being paid because the state’s funds were being stolen. Suswam said: “Today that same salary issue is persisting, that is to tell you that we are in a deep economic crisis.

‘’I am not a thief, I’m not a criminal, I did not steal government money neither did I syphon the state’s resources. “In our time, we assumed office under tough circumstances, but we were able to achieve a milestone. The fact is that no one can do the job of governnce at once. “You do your best and leave the rest. I did my best. And I refused to demonize anyone when I assumed office, though I was pushed to do so by forces and individuals but I refused.

“That seat of governor of Benue State is the hottest in the country. If you spend one day in office as a governor, and if somebody takes over, and he wants to take you to jail, he will do so. “The fact is that nobody is a saint, we have serious economic situation. I raised the alarm, they said I was stealing money, my successor is raising same alarm today. “Unfortunately, the Tiv man always wants to bring down his own brother, the truth is that as governor, there is no way you cannot step on toes.”

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 5 hours ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat
Forum | 4 days ago

Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat