"I’m not the humblest person so I need haters" – Cristiano Ronaldo

Forum 8 years ago

"I’m not the humblest person so I need haters" – Cristiano Ronaldo

One would think the 30-year old would wish for an end to the boos and whistles he gets on away grounds but no, he says it’s just the tonic he needs.

“I am not the humblest person in the world, I admit that,” he told The Times. “I am not fake. But I like to learn. I don’t mind people hating me, because it pushes me. When I go to play away they are always against me, but it’s good. You have to see the good things from the haters. I need the enemy. It is part of the business. They start screaming when I touch the ball.” he said
[ads4]

“It had started already when I was 18 or 19. It is not a problem for me. It is a motivation.”

The superstar also spoke of his gratitude towards former coach Sir Alex Ferguson:
“When my daddy was dying, he was in a hospital in London, and it was not good. I said to Sir Alex Ferguson, ‘Coach, I want to go’. It was a crucial moment of the season.

“But Ferguson said: ‘Football doesn’t mean anything compared to your dad. If you want to go, go. I will always appreciate that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr

EPL: If you don’t want to play, I’ll pick another person – Guardiola tells Rodri
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: If you don’t want to play, I’ll pick another person – Guardiola tells Rodri

One Person Dead, 8 Injured In Dosunmu Market Fire – Lagos Govt Gives Update
Forum | 5 days ago

One Person Dead, 8 Injured In Dosunmu Market Fire – Lagos Govt Gives Update

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia
Forum | 5 days ago

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia