I Remain PDP Chairman Till 2018 Until My Conditions Are Met - Sheriff

Forum 7 years ago

I Remain PDP Chairman Till 2018 Until My Conditions Are Met - Sheriff

Former chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, has said he could only let go of his claim to the chairmanship of the party if he was allowed to nominate 10 members to join the other 10 that would be nominated by Senator Ahmed Makarfi to organise a fresh convention for the party.

However, one of his former supporters, Senator Buruji Kashamu, appealed to him to sheathe his sword in the interest of the party.

Speaking, yesterday, when a delegation of Abia State chapter of the PDP from the 17 local governments paid him a solidarity visit in Abuja, Senator Sheriff said he was ready to let go of his claim to the chairmanship of the party in deference to the intervention by the governors of Taraba and Gombe states but insisted that the conditions that he gave must be met.

According to Sheriff, the convention of the party being proposed must be held in Abuja with him and the national caretaker committee, headed by Senator Makarfi, nominating 10 members each to conduct the convention.
He warned that unless the conditions he had set out were met, he would remain the national chairman of the party till 2018.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 2 days ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 2 days ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 3 days ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks