‘I Turned Down Offers From All The Big Labels In Nigeria’ – Wale Turner

Forum 7 years ago

‘I Turned Down Offers From All The Big Labels In Nigeria’ – Wale Turner

Indigenous rapper, Wale Turner, recently sat down for an interview, where he talked about his music career.

Speaking with TheCable Lifestyle, the 19-year-old, who recently dropped a video for his viral single, ‘No’, shot by Director Q, said:

“From dropping Instagram freestyles to official videos is a very big thing for me. This is what every upcoming artist is always praying for”

“I’ve always dreamt of having my official video shot by one of the biggest directors in the industry. Director Q shot my video. I got used to doing my Instagram freestyles so on the day of my video it felt like I was doing my freestyles.”

On his new deal with Royce & Royce Entertainment, Turner spoke glowingly about the label, saying it’s where every upcoming act should want to be.

“My label is a family label. It’s the label every upcoming artist would crave for. Every upcoming artiste should just pray for a helper. If you find your helper trust me you will go a long way.”

“When you pray to God to give you a label everybody will just come – Mavin, YBNL – you will just run back”

“I got offers from all the big labels in Nigeria”

On getting several offers from top labels in the nation, he credited his multilingual ability and versatility as a pace setter.

“What I’m bringing to the table, you guys can’t handle it. I’m the hottest, even God knows”

“From day one I’ve always been rapping with Yoruba, English, and French. The kind of French I bring is like pidgin French so you get to relate to it. My kind of rap is very simple and easy to understand.

“If I come out today and I want to sing RnB, trust me. If I come and want to do Fuji, trust me. Even God knows. God gave me the talent.”

On artistes he would love to work with he mentioned the likes of Wande Coal and Olamide, referring to the latter as his godfather.

“I want to work with Wande Coal, I’ve always been his fan. Olamide too. Olamide is my godfather.”

On his goals:

“I just want to create something spectacular for my people and I just want my name to be out there. Wale Turner that came all the way from Ketu. ‘Ketu to the world’.

“I came all the way from Instagram videos on one small phone to official videos. I just want to go international but I want to hit the Nigerian market first.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe