Idris Elba Is Crowned People’s Sexiest Man Alive For 2018

Forum 5 years ago

Idris Elba Is Crowned People’s Sexiest Man Alive For 2018

British actor, Idris Elba has been named People’s Sexiest Man Alive. The 46-year old member of the Order of the British Empire has moved from roles such as drug kingpin Russell “Stringer” Bell on HBO’s hit series The Wire to his commanding portrayal of Norse God and Asgardian gatekeeper Heimdall in Marvel’s Thor franchise.

Speaking about what he thought when he first heard his about his new title, Idris Elba said, “I was like, ‘Come on, no way. Really?’”

“Looked in the mirror, I checked myself out. I was like, ‘Yeah, you are kind of sexy today.’ But to be honest, it was just a nice feeling. It was a nice surprise — an ego boost for sure.”

Elba is the 33rd sexiest man alive. He joins a list of Hollywood’s hottest stars starting with Mel Gibson in 1985. Last year’s pick was Blake Shelton.

Idris Elba started off as an athlete during his boyhood days in London, playing first-string football, basketball, cricket, hockey and rugby. He admitted that his first phase was quite awkward,

“I was very tall and skinny,” says the 6’3″ Elba. “And my name was Idrissa Akuna Elba, okay? I got picked on a little bit. But as soon as I could grow a mustache, I was the coolest kid on the block. Grew a mustache, had some muscles, bonkers.”

Speaking about the happiest moment of his life, he said, “being witness to the birth of my children is the biggest and best thing ever.”

Idris Elba has a 16-year-old daughter, Isan, and a 4-year-old son, Winston which he got from previous relationships.

“I’m super doting, big hugs, kisses, lots of love-yous. I’m sure my daughter’s like, ‘All right Dad, chill out.’ My son is still at that age where he loves a cuddle.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City