Is Childish Gambino Next Album Going to be his last?

Forum 6 years ago

Is Childish Gambino Next Album Going to be his last?

Childish Gambino aka Donald Glover put up an impressive performance at the 2017 edition of Governors Ball at Randall’s Island yesterday (June 3) in New York City. The ‘Redbone’ hitmaker performed both his rap and other singing tunes from his latest album Awaken, My Love!

According to Consequence Of Sound, Glover told the audience during his set at the Governors Ball Music Festival last night that he’ll see them “for the last Gambino album,” seemingly implying that he’ll only make one more record before moving on to some new thing. That’s pretty much all we know at this point, but the fact that Glover specifically referred to “last Gambino album” does suggest that he could be releasing music under a new name at some point.

Glover has released three albums as Childish Gambino since 2011, including last year’s funk-infused Awaken, My Love!, which made its debut at No. 5 on the Billboard album chart and has sold 175,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen Music. His 2013 album, Because the Internet, was nominated for a Grammy Award for best rap album.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live
Forum | 2 days ago

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 2 days ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy
Forum | 1 week ago

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy