Its Too Early To Judge Buhari, Let’s Be Patient – Pastor Bakare Tells Nigerians As He Visits Aso Rock

Forum 7 years ago

Its Too Early To Judge Buhari, Let’s Be Patient – Pastor Bakare Tells Nigerians As He Visits Aso Rock

The general overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare says it is too early to judge President Muhammadu Buhari, as he visits the president today in Aso Rock.

Speaking after a meeting with President muhammadu Buhari that lasted for about an hour earlier today at the presidential villa, Abuja, Pastor Tunde Bakare, on Friday told Nigerians to be patient with the current administration, stressing that there is ‘no pain without gain’.

The General Overseer of the Later Rain Assembly, who arrived the Presidential Villa at about 2:45pm local time and went straight to the President’s office for the private meeting, said that he was happy that the President was doing well health wise.

In answer to the questions on the performance of the administration, he said that the current administration inherited a lot of rot. “There is no pain without gain,” he said, assuring nigerians that President Buhari will not disappoint them.

“It’s too early and just too soon to begin to judge. If there is anything I know about Mr. President, it is that he has a good heart. He loves this country and he wants the country to run well,” he said.

“But it takes time. I know we are all impatient and in a hurry and I trust we will come out of the woods.?

?”When you are driving on a wrong direction, for example, you are going to Ibadan and you face Badagry, and you get to Cotonou and you realise you have gone in the wrong direction for too long a time, then you make a U-turn, there will be some suffering you have to go through.

“Pain is part of gain. No pain no gain. The years of wastage and all that we have done wrong has finally caught up with us.

“All we are praying for is wisdom for this government to do things right and to do the right things so that gradually, we can begin to come out of the woods.”

When asked if the idea of ?cabinet reshufflement would be necessary, the preacher said: “?That’s your opinion, not mine. And it is Mr. President’s. He can do what he likes when he likes it.

“He knows what he has given them. For example, I have not given any appointment to anyone, so I can’t judge their performance.

“But if there are yardsticks and standards given to them and if they have performed below par, definitely, the president would not mind at the right time to do those things.”

Recall that Pastor Bakare is an ally of the President and was his running mate in the 2011 presidential election won by Goodluck Jonathan.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC
Forum | 2 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche
Forum | 2 days ago

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date
Forum | 3 days ago

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date