Jo Cox Murder Suspect Tells Court "My Name Is Death To Traitors, Freedom For Britain"

Forum 7 years ago

Jo Cox Murder Suspect Tells Court "My Name Is Death To Traitors, Freedom For Britain"

The man accused of murdering MP Jo Cox appeared in court this morning. When asked of his name, he told the court "my name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain".

Mrs Cox, 41, was attacked in the street outside her constituency surgery in Birstall, near Leeds, at lunchtime on Thursday.

Tommy Mair appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court charged with her murder.

He appeared in the dock behind reinforced glass and flanked by two security guards when he spoke only when asked to confirm his name.

When he was asked the question again, he repeated a second time: "My name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain".

He said nothing when asked his address and date of birth.

Mair's lawyer Keith Allen later confirmed the defendant's name to the court.

The hearing lasted around 15 minutes and Mair was remanded in custody to appear again at a later date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 12 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 12 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 14 hours ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’
Forum | 22 hours ago

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’