Just In!! Real Madrid Defender Pepe Set To Leave Club After 10 Years At Bernabeu

Forum 6 years ago

Just In!! Real Madrid Defender Pepe Set To Leave Club After 10 Years At Bernabeu

Defender Pepe is leaving Real Madrid after 10 years at the Spanish club, having decided in January to move on.

The 34-year-old, who was born in Brazil but plays for Portugal, has been linked with Paris St-Germain and AC Milan and has

“had proposals from England”.

Pepe has made 334 appearances for Real, winning three La Liga titles and three Champions League trophies.

He missed Saturday’s win over Juventus and added: “I didn’t say goodbye because they knew before I did.”

Pepe announced his departure in an interview with radio station COPE, and said he had not spoken to manager Zinedine Zidane since Madrid’s Champions League final win in Cardiff.

“What he has done for Real Madrid is spectacular, but there are things I still do not understand,” Pepe said.

The centre-back, who was injured for part of the season with a hamstring problem and then broke two ribs in April, fell behind both Raphael Varane and Nacho in the challenge to play alongside captain Sergio Ramos in the Madrid defence.

“I’ve had years of great pride in which I have given my body and soul,” he said. “But I took the decision in January when it was clear which way it was going.

[ads4]

[quote]“I’m happy for the love of the people, and that’s worth more than everything.”/quote]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 4 hours ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 13 hours ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images
Forum | 1 day ago

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 1 day ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions