Kidnappers Demand N1billion Ransom for 4 Abducted Lagos Pupils

Forum 6 years ago

Kidnappers Demand N1billion Ransom for 4 Abducted Lagos Pupils

The abductors of six pupils of Igbonla Model College, Epe, Lagos State, have demanded 1 billion naira ransom for the victims to regain their freedom.

Parents of the kidnapped pupils said they were contacted on Saturday, allowed to briefly speak to their children, and told to get the ransom for their release.

It was gathered that two of the parents were asked to pay N400million each, and another two were asked to raise N100 million per child.

The kidnappers then advised parent who could not raise the money to meet the School authorities and the Lagos state government to help raise the money.
Some parents of the abducted schoolchildren said the kidnappers called between 3pm and 5pm on Saturday.

One parent said, “They allowed me to speak with my son. I asked him if he was fine and he said yes. They asked me to meet with the school authorities to raise N400m for my child to be released.

“I said N400m was much, but one of them told me not to worry myself. He said I should meet with the school authorities and the government. I was also allowed to speak with my child. I spoke with two other parents and they said they were asked to pay N100m each,” another parent said.

When contacted on the telephone, the school Vice Principal, Academic, who did not disclose his name, said, “I’m sorry. I cannot volunteer information for you. I’m not permitted to speak to you. Thank you.”

Police and soldiers posted to the school, on Wednesday night, repelled an attack but the gunmen returned at dawn after the security operatives had left. They made for the boys’ hostel after breaking the school fence and abducted the students.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, told the Punch that the police had yet to be informed about the ransoms, adding that investigations were ongoing.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 4 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 10 hours ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 14 hours ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Three Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Nasarawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Three Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Nasarawa