L-Tido Says That He Has Made Over A Million Rand In Music

Forum 6 years ago

L-Tido Says That He Has Made Over A Million Rand In Music

Hip-Hop is one of the most lucrative genres in south african music as most rappers have tons of money which they are not afraid of letting us know.

L-Tido is one of the biggest artists in South Africa, the Dlala Ka Yona hitmaker has been in the music industry for a couple of years and he has had his fair share of ups and downs.

During an interview with Rams Mabote on Metro FM, he opened up about the money he made through making music. “I am fortunate enough to have made a million rand from music. I am not sure about a million dollars but I have made my first million,” he said.

“Hip-hop in 2008 was not popular, we had no big stars who were making money so I had to take the risk. I knew that I had to make a plan so I saved to record a mixtape. The money I used to finance my first project was from what I had got during my 9-to-5. I was self-funded. I had no one to help me. Looking back, It was not a risk that was well thought out given the climate of the industry at the time. It was not a good risk but I am glad it paid off,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 3 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde
Forum | 1 week ago

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde

Sonic the Hedgehog Producer Says Movie Franchise Is Building to ‘Avengers-Level Events’
Forum | 1 week ago

Sonic the Hedgehog Producer Says Movie Franchise Is Building to ‘Avengers-Level Events’