Lagos Kidnapper Nanny: Three Abducted Kids Regain Freedom

Forum 9 years ago

Lagos Kidnapper Nanny: Three Abducted Kids Regain Freedom

It was tears of joy for Leke Orekoya and his wife, Adebisi yesterday, when their three kids kidnapped from their residence at Lawanson in Surulere area of Lagos State, were found in an uncompleted building at Akowonjo, an Egbeda area of the metropolis.

Police authorities claimed that the kidnappers abandoned the kids in the building when they knew that the police were closing in on them.

The kids, Aderomola, 11 months old; Adedamola, 4 years and Demola, 6 years, were kidnapped 10 days ago while the kidnappers demanded N15million ransom.

A member of the family who spoke on condition of anonymity alleged that the couple paid millions of naira as ransom before the kids were freed.

[ads4]
The source said immediately the family heard the good news, there was wild celebration at Lawanson area as women danced and sprinkled each other with powder even at the market.

The father of the three kids, Leke said: “We are very happy. Immediately we got a call yesterday evening, we went straight to Akowonjo only to discover that our children had been traumatised, badly treated and underfed. The three of them were all naked! They wore neither clothes nor sandals. God, mosquitoes made a feast of my children. Look at the mosquito bites all over their bodies. Their bodies were also covered with rashes. They had no rash on their bodies before.

My children had passed through the valley of the shadow of death”.

Leke added in tears, “We don’t have to leave them without treatment. We decided to take them to Police College Hospital, Ikeja, for treatment. They are still there and will remain there until the doctors discharge them.”

The children’s grandfather, Adekunle Adeloko, thanked God for saving the lives of the children.

He said, “Many children have been kidnapped and their parents had no opportunity of seeing them alive. I thank God for answering our prayers. I know the small children had suffered so much. Even some adults could not endure what they have endured. Some adults would die of heart attack or heart failure.”

Recalling how the children were rescued, Adeloko said, “The kidnappers surprised us when they called the family on phone yesterday, telling us to go and carry our children at Egbeda after paying the ransom to a particular bank in Shagamu. The family would prefer to keep silent on the ransom paid to them.”

He said, “Never employ anybody through the social media. If you want to employ anybody to look after your children, ensure that you go through who you know very well. I don’t pray what happened to my family happens to my enemy. I want to appeal to parents especially young mothers and would-be parents not to recruit from all these advertisers on social media or internet. It is very dangerous. Most of them are criminals and not reliable.

The highly elated father whose family had been traumatized by the kidnapping of his three children by a nanny employed on OLX , an online trade portal refused to disclose whether the N13m ransom demanded by the abductors was paid or the police did the job.

The mother of the three kids, Adebisi Orekoya wrote on Facebook. “We give God all the Glory.

Our Orekoya missing Kids have been found.
Thank you so much everyone for your prayers and moral and financial support all along.”

“The list is endless, of awesome mothers, sisters, business partners, fathers and even kids too. You’ve been amazing! May God grant all your heart desires too. Much love always.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 1 day ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun

Drama As Lagos Nabs 10 Fake Enforcement Officials
Forum | 3 days ago

Drama As Lagos Nabs 10 Fake Enforcement Officials

Kidnappers Abduct Four People Returning From Party In Oyo, Demand N200m
Forum | 3 days ago

Kidnappers Abduct Four People Returning From Party In Oyo, Demand N200m

Nigerian Police Officer Stabs Man To Death In Popular Lagos Mall
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Police Officer Stabs Man To Death In Popular Lagos Mall