Mayweather Should Retire After Khan Fight – Mayweather's Father

Forum 8 years ago

Mayweather Should Retire After Khan Fight – Mayweather's Father

The father of unbeaten Floyd Mayweather believes his son should end his illustrious career with “an easy fight” against leading British welterweight Amir Khan.

After 48 bouts as a professional, which have all ended in victory, Mayweather junior is planning to have one more battle, to see out his Showtime contract, before retiring later this year.

And Mayweather senior reckons that fight should be against Khan, who was at ringside to watch the American’s victory over Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

He said: “Given he’s fought all the hard hitters, my son needs to get his contract and end it with an easy fight.

[ads4]
“He don’t need no tough fight. Khan would be a good fight for him. My son would beat him, I know.

“Khan has a pretty decent jab but all the technical things, he can’t do.”

After beating Pacquiao, Mayweather junior said: “My last fight is in September, and then it’s time for me to hang it up.

“I’m almost 40 years old now. I’ve been in the sport 19 years and have been a champion for 18 years. I’ve been truly blessed.”

As for Khan, who has been chasing a clash with Mayweather for the past few years, he next fights on May 29 in New York where the 28-year-old from Bolton takes on Chris Algieri.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip
Forum | 2 days ago

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station
Forum | 3 days ago

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service
Forum | 5 days ago

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service