Ministerial List: Amina Mohammed Should Not Be Nominated, Because She's Not From Kaduna - Kaduna Senators

Forum 8 years ago

Ministerial List: Amina Mohammed Should Not Be Nominated, Because She's Not From Kaduna - Kaduna Senators

Some politicians in Kaduna state have kicked against President Buhari's ministerial nomination from their state, Amina Mohammed, claiming that she's not from Kaduna. The aggrieved politicians say Amina is originally from Gombe state but is married to a Kaduna state indigene.
They argue that President Buhari should pick a nominee that is originally from the state as they have more competent hands than Amina.

Amina Mohammed works at the UN as the special adviser post 2015 development planning to UN Secretary General, Ban Ki Moon. Speaking with Vanguard, one of the leading opponnents to Amina's nomination, Senator Danjuma La’ah, Kaduna South Senatorial District. said

"What I can tell you for now, even as a Senator of the Federal Republic, is that I am not sure under
which state Amina Mohammed is coming from.
But, there is one thing I want to tell you that I shall do. I want to assure you that if she comes under the nomination of Kaduna State, we shall reject her at the Senate. She is not from Kaduna state. There is no shortage of deeply educated and equally, if not more, qualified indigenes of Kaduna State that can do any ministerial job that Amina can do. We have them both in the state and all over the world. In any case, I cannot see the President messing up to the extent of violating the constitution to the point of excluding Kaduna state from producing a minister. I don’t believe it. But if it happens, we shall insist he does the right thing because that is the right thing to do.’’.Also adding his thoughts is Hon. Jonathan Asake, former Reps member (Zangon Kataf/Jaba Federal Constituency) who accused the state governor, Nasir El Rufai of possibly nominating Amina who is according to him a non indigene

“There have been conflicting media reports on whether Amina Mohammed ministerial nomination came under Kaduna or Gombe State.
But, one thing is certain. The woman is not an indigene of Kaduna State. If it is true that she was nominated to fill Kaduna state quota, then it is a slight on the Constitution and the President must act fast to reverse it. If it is also true that her nomination was the handiwork of Governor Nasir El Rufai of Kaduna State, then I think he is taking the people of this state into a rough ride. It will surprise no one in the state if El Rufai insisted on this nomination going by the way he has made Kaduna state a no-man’s-land. It is only El Rufai that has more non-indigenes as political appointees than indigenes. In fact, his bent on excluding indigene is so fervent that he even included a non-indigene, Jimi Lawal, his aide on Investment. And we know that Jimi Lawal and El Rufai faced sanctions from the Senate when El Rufai was FCT Minister. The man is from Ogun State. There are many of them like that taking the jobs of Kaduna state indigenes when the same is not accorded us in other states. It a big insult on Kaduna state because we are the most educated and elitist state in the North. If it is true that he is behind her nomination, he must rescind the decision because this time, people are ready to use every legal instrument to enforce their rights as indigenes. Our nominated Minister must be an indigene of Kaduna state, preferably from the Southern part of the state, because it is that area that has been over cheated in his political appointments.”he said
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 5 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 6 hours ago

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 10 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’
Forum | 22 hours ago

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’