Mother from Hell! Woman Kills Her Newborn Baby Boy With a Single Punch to His Head (Photo)

Forum 7 years ago

Mother from Hell! Woman Kills Her Newborn Baby Boy With a Single Punch to His Head (Photo)

Nicola Brown, a 43-year-old mother has murdered her own 19-day-old baby son with a blow to the head after subjecting him to a catalogue of abuse.

The woman has however been sentenced to life in prison for committing the brutal act.

According to Metro UK, Nicola Brown, 43, will have to serve a minimum of 14 and a half years for the fatal attack on her toddler son Jake Young.

At an earlier hearing, the court heard the attack on Jake exactly two years ago included a blow of ‘astonishing force’ to his head with a hard object.

The youngster was found to have suffered a number of horrific injuries, including bruises to his scalp, a fractured skull, a bilateral brain haemorrhage and bleeding to his eyes.

Experts examining his body after his death found he also had 17 fractures to his ribs, and the prosecution claimed he was ‘probably shaken’.

Following the attack on Jake, the court heard Brown phoned 999 and told paramedics Jake was ‘not very well’ after ‘falling from his baby basket the day before’.

Jake – who took his mother’s maiden name – suffered ‘rapid’ traumatic injuries consistent with blows to the head on the day of his death on December 19, 2014.

During the three-week long trial, jurors heard Brown, from Portsmouth, Hampshire, sob in court as a recording of her 999 call was played.

She said: ‘My baby is not breathing. Yesterday he was knocked out of the baby basket – he’s definitely not breathing.

‘He’s 19 days old and I didn’t think there was anything wrong with him when he was knocked out of the baby basket.’

She was sentenced at Winchester Crown Court to life imprisonment and must serve a minimum of 14 years and six months. Brown had denied murder but was convicted by a jury.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 1 day ago

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today
Forum | 1 day ago

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2
Forum | 1 day ago

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 1 day ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police