Mourinho Says He Has More EPL Titles Than All 19 Managers Combined

Forum 5 years ago

Mourinho Says He Has More EPL Titles Than All 19 Managers Combined

Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho has reminded his critics of his achievements in the English Premier League. The Portuguese made this known during a press conference after his team was humbled by Tottenham Hotspur in Old Trafford.

Harry Kane's opener and Lucas Moura's brace ensured the London side went home with 3 points despite United dominating possession and creating lots of chances.

Shortly after the game, Mourinho, who has been under intense heat with speculations of him getting sacked soon, reminded critics that he has more Premier League titles than all the other 19 managers combined.

"You want to make the miracle of my team that played so well and strategically we were so, so, so, so good and you want to try and transform this press conference into a situation of 'let's blame the guy'," Mourinho began. "You have to tell me what is the most important thing because I don't know.

"When I win matches I come here many times and you are not happy that I won matches and you say the most important thing is the way of playing. [Reporter tries to interject] No, no, no. You have to make a decision in relation to that.

"I need to know from you what is the most important thing if it is is to play well or win matches? If it is to play offensively or for a certain result. Today we were aggressive, we press high, Tottenham couldn't make two passes coming from the back, they made lots of mistakes because of our pressure high. We project the full-backs, we had Valencia and Luke Shaw arriving in dangerous positions, we miss goals with an open goal, we miss chances, we were unlucky in rebounds in both goals.

"We lost the game because we concede a goal in the first corner of the match in the minute 50-something. In the first-half, zero corners, zero lateral free-kicks, they had one corner, they score a goal. And you want to transform the story of your game.

"But don't lose your time. Because today I had the proof the best judge in football are the supporters, they are the best judge.

"I would do the same (leave early) losing 3-0, taking two hours from here to the centre of Manchester, because is where I live and after matches it takes two hours, so keep trying, keep trying, keep trying.

"We lost last season here against Sevilla (in the Champions League round-of-16) and were booed because we deserved, because we were not good, because we were not dangerous enough, because Sevilla deserved to win the match, we were booed and deservedly. And today the players left the pitch after losing at home and were applauded because they deserved it. So keep trying and trying and trying and keep trying, keep trying."

Mourinho then ended his press conference by reminding his critics of his championship record in England.

"Just to finish," Mourinho added. "Do you know what was the result? 3-0. Do you know what this means? 3-0 but also means three Premierships and I won more Premierships alone than the other 19 managers together. Three for me and two for them two. So respect man, respect, respect, respect."

Mourinho then walked out of the press conference room.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham