My Husband Has Refused To Make Love To Me For 8-Years - Woman Tells Court

Forum 8 years ago

My Husband Has Refused To Make Love To Me For 8-Years - Woman Tells Court

A housewife, Mrs Adeolu Adelani, on Tuesday told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve her marriage to Olajide for allegedly refusing to make love to her for 8 years.

Adeolu, 39, told the court she was married to Olajide about 14 years ago and had a 12-year-old son.

“My husband refused to make love to me since eight years now and I want to have another baby because our son is 12-year-old.

“I am not satisfied with only one child”, she told the President of the court, Mr Hakeen Oyekan.

The petitioner accused her husband of abandoning her and their child for an unknown destination since 2013.

She added that her husband had refused to disclose where he lives and where he works, but sends his son’s school fees and house rent through her bank account.

[ads4]
Adeolu said her husband told her pastor that he had married another woman and had children and that she should find herself another husband.

She said she was always sad anytime her neighbours call her “rejected and abandoned property”.

She begged the court to dissolve the marriage because she wanted to move on with her life.
Defending the allegations, Olajide, 45, a businessman, did not deny of starving his wife of s*x.

He said that he refused to make love to his wife because he did not want her to have another child through Caesarean section.

“I don’t want to risk her life, this is why I have distanced myself from her because I want her to take care of our child.

“Besides, I did not abandon my wife but I decided to move closer to my work place due to the distance from my house.

“I did not abandoned her, I always squat with my friends and I come home once in a while”, he said.

He claimed that he had no other wife nor children elsewhere.

Olajide, however, conceded to the dissolution of the marriage because he was also fed up with the union.

He appealed to the court to grant him the custody of his son.

Oyekan adjourned the case to May 13 for further hearing. (NAN)

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 2 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

Activist Drags Soludo, Others to Court For Running Anambra LGs With Unelected Officials
Forum | 2 days ago

Activist Drags Soludo, Others to Court For Running Anambra LGs With Unelected Officials

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello

Appeal Court Fails To Hear EFCC’s Suit Against Kogi Ex-Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Appeal Court Fails To Hear EFCC’s Suit Against Kogi Ex-Gov Yahaya Bello