Nigerians voted massively for Buhari, nobody can take his election glory – Obasanjo

Forum 7 years ago

Nigerians voted massively for Buhari, nobody can take his election glory – Obasanjo

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Tuesday, asserted that nobody can claim the glory for the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The former president also denied making the insinuation that he was among a clique of persons who made it possible for the president to get into office.

Recall that the former President was last week quoted as saying, “he and some eminent Nigerians brought Buhari into power to salvage the country of its woes.”

But Obasanjo, while speaking at the Government House in Jalingo, Taraba, insisted that Nigerians voted massively for Buhari.

Obasanjo said, “I never made such claims.

“It is inconsiderate of any single person or group to claim the glory. I am astounded by media reports quoting me as saying that I and few other persons brought President Buhari to power to save Nigeria.

“I have never said that, because it is not true. Nigerians voted overwhelmingly for the President and we are all witnesses to that fact. No single person or group can claim that glory.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 4 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 4 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 6 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment