Now I Regret Stabbing My Father To Death – JSS 3 Student, Cultist Laments

Forum 6 years ago

Now I Regret Stabbing My Father To Death – JSS 3 Student, Cultist Laments

Like every good father will do, a man, Simeon Obelue advised his son to renounce his membership of a cult group but that was the last advice he will give in his life.

His 21-year-old cultist son, Chidubem Obelue who was annoyed by this advice hacked him to death.

Chidubem according to reports, did not take kindly to the advice. He packed out of the father’s house in annoyance, relocated a house he rented for himself and he also began planning to attack his father.

The Enugu State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mohammed Danmallam, who confirmed the incident told Sunday Sun that on March 11, 2017, about 1.00am, Chidubem [bmsneaked into the family house[/b] and passed through the kitchen, where he picked up a knife and la!d an ambush for the father.

When the unsuspecting man came out to urinate, Chidubem pounced on him, stabbed him in the stomach and ran out of the house.

The loud scream of the man drew that attention of his wife, who rushed out and saw Chidubem running away.

She ran after him and raised the alarmed, which woke up neighbours. In the haste to escape, the suspect’s cellphone fell from his pocket.

This slowed him down and the neighbours caught up with him and arrested him. The case was reported to the police station at Iwolla-Oghi town.

Simeon was admitted at the hospital and treated for one day before being transferred to Unity Hospital, a bigger health facility where he eventually died on March 14, 2017.

At the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), where he is being held while investigation is ongoing, Chidubem spoke with Sunday Sun. He sadly confessed to the crime.

“My father told me to renounce my membership of a cult group. I accepted to do so. I joined the cult when I was in JSS 3 at CPS Secondary School in Imo State.

In 2013, I went to meet our cult leader and told him that I want to leave the cult. I was told to bring two cartons of beer and N5,000, which I did.

I stopped attending their meetings. But they started threatening me, saying that I must not renounce my membership. They continued to pressure me until I killed my father.

I now regret my action of killing my father because he advised me to renounce my membership of the cult. I stopped attending my father’s church because he was preaching to me to repent.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 15 hours ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra
Forum | 15 hours ago

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy
Forum | 16 hours ago

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy