OFFICIAL: Stoke sign Joe Allen

Forum 7 years ago

OFFICIAL: Stoke sign Joe Allen

The Wales international, who enjoyed a sublime Euro 2016 in France as his side reached the semi-finals, has signed a five-year contract with the Potters after leaving the RedsStoke City have completed the signing of Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen for a fee of £13 million.

The Wales international - who was named in the Euro 2016 Team of the Tournament - passed a medical with the Potters on Monday before signing a five-year deal.

Allen will link up with his new team-mates in Orlando, where they are currently undergoing pre-season training, on Tuesday.

BREAKING | Stoke City are delighted to announce the signing of Joe Allen from @LFCon a 5-year deal #SCFC pic.twitter.com/3XqQ8EFyyk— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) July 25, 2016

The midfielder becomes Stoke's second signing of the summer, following the acquisition of highly-rated Egyptian player Ramadan Sobhi.

“It’s been a whirlwind 48 hours for me but I am delighted to have finally been able to put pen to paper," Allen told the club's official website upon completing his transfer.

“I was really excited as soon as I heard of the club’s interest and it wasn’t a difficult decision for me to make."

“I am incredibly excited about my future here at Stoke City."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Mountain Man: Joe Manganiello Cast in New Zombie Thriller Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Mountain Man: Joe Manganiello Cast in New Zombie Thriller Movie

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

He Bled Neon: Peaky Blinders’ Joe Cole to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

He Bled Neon: Peaky Blinders’ Joe Cole to Lead Action Thriller Movie

G.I. Joe & Transformers Crossover Movie Confirmed by Paramount
Forum | 1 week ago

G.I. Joe & Transformers Crossover Movie Confirmed by Paramount