Ondo election: Buhari, APC leaders to storm Akure Saturday

Forum 7 years ago

Ondo election: Buhari, APC leaders to storm Akure Saturday

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari will visit Ondo state on Saturday.

The chairman of APC governors’ forum said the president’s visit will prove that the All Progressives Congress, APC, was united ahead of the forthcoming governorship election.

The party’s candidate is Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN).

Okorocha, who spoke yesterday at the palace of the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, disclosed that all the APC governors had met and resolved to work for the victory of the party.

He said, “Your majesty, just to announce to you that I am here on behalf of all the APC governors in Nigeria, we are now 23 in number, all of us are together.

“We are just here to support our in-coming colleague. Let me correct one impression, all the APC governors met and have resolved to support our candidate, there is no division in our family, and the APC is still one.

“That is why the father of the APC, President Muhammadu Buhari, will be coming on Saturday, and will address the people of the state to clear the air to those who doubt the unity of our party. We are united.”

“What brought us together is not interest to acquire power but the interest to bring the necessary change for the economic emancipation of our great nation.

“So, I am here to inform you that I came and Aketi has been chosen by all of us and we are solidly behind him, we are unshakably behind him”.

In his response, Oba Aladetoyinbo assured the governor that the people of Akure were behind the APC candidate.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion
Forum | 3 days ago

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 3 days ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 3 days ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue