Ondo Election: Tinubu, three governors shun APC rally in Akure

Forum 7 years ago

Ondo Election: Tinubu, three governors shun APC rally in Akure

A National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu was noticeably absent at the party’s governorship campaign rally in Akure, the Ondo State capital on Saturday.

Also absent at the rally were three APC governors in the South-West.

They are governors of Lagos, Oyo and Osun States – Mr. Akinwumi Ambode, Senator Abiola Ajimobi and Mr. Rauf Aregbosola respectively.

However, President Muhammadu Buhari and a large entourage of top party members were present at the rally.

Addressing people of the state in Akure, the Chairman of APC Governors’ Forum, Rochas Okorocha, assured the party’s candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu that the party was behind his candidature.

According to Okorocha, “Ondo State must join the progressives states in Nigeria, therefore we must vote for him and he will win the election. Akeredolu rejected federal appointments because he loves you people. He wants to serve you, so vote for him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 18 hours ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

State Electoral Commissions Are Governors Rigging Tool – El-Rufai
Forum | 18 hours ago

State Electoral Commissions Are Governors Rigging Tool – El-Rufai

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 23 hours ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 1 day ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue