Only My Children Can Inherit Ojukwu's Property – Late Ojukwu's wife, Bianca Insists

Forum 8 years ago

Only My Children Can Inherit Ojukwu's Property – Late Ojukwu's wife, Bianca Insists

Lady Bianca, widow of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, has told a Lagos High Court sitting in Igbosere that only her children can inherit the property of the late Igbo leader because, according to her, she was the only woman he legally married.

Odumegwu-Ojikwu’s brothers and Bianca are in court over the late Biafran leader’s estate.

But under cross-examination before Justice Abdulfattah Lawal, Bianca admitted that neither her nor any of her children are shareholders or directors in Ojukwu Transport Limited (OTL), the estate in dispute.

But she still insisted that she was the only one
that was legally married amongst all Ojukwu’s wives, as they had court, church and traditional marriage.

Bianca said that she was aware of just one wife that was married to Ojukwu in the traditional way. She told the court that Ojukwu had eight children who included the claimants - Afamefuna and Nwachukwu (her children).

Bianca said that the suit filed before the court was to establish and assert the right of only her children and not the other children of Ojukwu.
She further told the court that some of the disputed OTL were in the possession of her late husband before he died, adding that the rent on them, were being collected by the deceased.

Bianca had on behalf of her two children (Afamefuna and Nwachukwu) dragged OTL and seven others before the court over an alleged move to eject them from the company’s property located in Lagos.

She asked the court to declare that Afamefuna and Nwachukwu are entitled to the possession and occupation of one of the property known as No. 29, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos until the harmonisation of the management and administration of the assets of the first defendant (OTL).

In the suit, Bianca and her two children, had in their statement of claim, prayed the court to declare that the threat of forceful ejection from the house by the defendants was illegal.

She also asked the court for a declaration that her children are entitled to possess the following property: No. 13, Hawksworth Road, Ikoyi (now known as No. 13, Ojora Road); No. 32A,
Commercial Avenue, Yaba, Lagos; No. 30, Gerard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos and No. 30 McPherson Avenue, Ikoyi, all belonging to the late Ojukwu.

“I am the only legal wife of my late husband, Ikemba and I am fighting for my children," Bianca said.

After listening to her claims, the judge adjourned the matter for the cross-examination of Bianca.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nkechi Blessing, Nina Ivy Lambast Troll Who Prayed That One Of Jnr Pope’s Children Should Die
Forum | 2 hours ago

Nkechi Blessing, Nina Ivy Lambast Troll Who Prayed That One Of Jnr Pope’s Children Should Die

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 2 hours ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

money Vows To Take Care Of Late Jnr Pope’s Children
Forum | 2 hours ago

money Vows To Take Care Of Late Jnr Pope’s Children

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 7 hours ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off