Onnoghen Deserves Punishment Given To Him By Tribunal – Sagay

Forum 4 years ago

Onnoghen Deserves Punishment Given To Him By Tribunal – Sagay

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has hailed the judgment handed over to Walter Onnoghen, former Chief Justice of Nigeria, by the Code of Conduct Tribunal, describing it as well-deserved.

In a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said the punishment given to Onnoghen would send a strong signal to other corrupt judges and other public officials that it was no longer business as usual under the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

“It is well-deserved and it has established the point I made from the beginning, when this case first started, that nobody is above the law.

“This will be a warning to everybody, in the judiciary and other sectors of public service, that this country is not a lawless entity. A Daniel has come to judgement.”

However, Afenifere, the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, said it was not surprised by the verdict.

Yinka Odumakin, the group’s national publicity secretary, however, said it was not the end of the road for Onnoghen.

“Well, I don’t think anybody can be surprised at the verdict passed on Onnoghen today. If you listened to his counsel, such as Wole Olanipekun, Awomolo, and others have all expressed serious reservations about the way they were going about the whole business.

“I don’t think it’s the end of the road. There are still options which I think Justice Onnoghen will take.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 22 mins ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 16 hours ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

Fallout Season 2 Update Given by Creators
Forum | 2 days ago

Fallout Season 2 Update Given by Creators

Thanksgiving 2 Update Given by Director Eli Roth
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Thanksgiving 2 Update Given by Director Eli Roth