Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Over 4000 People In Ghana

Forum 6 years ago

Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Over 4000 People In Ghana

A self-styled Ghanaian pastor and founder of Holy Spirit Community Chapel in Sekondi-Takoradi has been arrested for defrauding over 4000 people.

Apostle Amenu Joel is alleged to have defrauded his victims and institutions in the metropolis of money said to be in the hundreds of thousands of cedis on the pretext of giving them soft loans for their businesses and opportunities to acquire vehicles on hire purchase.

According to Daily Graphic newspaper, the pastor is also said to have promised to offer scholarships to the children and wards of some of his victims.
His victims were mostly market women, artisans at Kokompe, parents and hotel operators.

The suspect also operated an NGO known as Mary Ekem Foundation with his girlfriend, one Lady Mary Ekem. They were alleged to have used the names of former President John Mahama and President Nana Akufo-Addo to enhance the credibility of the foundation.

[ads4]

Confirming the arrest, Takoradi District Police Commander, Peter Ofori Donkor, told the Daily Graphic newspaper that the Pastor is currently in Police custody, while more victims are still coming to lodge complaints at the station.

The story was first published in the July 20, 2017, edition of the Daily Graphic newspaper.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Three Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Nasarawa
Forum | 17 hours ago

Three Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Nasarawa

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 17 hours ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 2 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says