PDP Chairmanship: Ex Education Minister, Adeniran Picks Nomination Form

Forum 7 years ago

PDP Chairmanship: Ex Education Minister, Adeniran Picks Nomination Form

As part of the final efforts to emerge as the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at next week’s national convention of the party, former Minister of Education, Prof. Tunde Adeniran on Monday picked his nomination form at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

Speaking after the event, the former Ambassador to Germany said his commitment to reposition the party towards greatness and redirect it in actualising the dreams of the founding fathers informed his decision to seek the mandate of the delegates to the national convention.

He stated: “I want to assure all our party members and Nigerians at large that my venture into the chairmanship position of our great party has no other motive than to reposition, rebrand and put the party on the path of greatness. As a founding member, who has remained with the party in thick and thin and served in various frontline capacities, I possess the fortitude and experience to help the party achieve its objectives.”

The Professor of Political Science who picked the nomination form in the presence of party stakeholders and prominent stalwarts, including Hon. Oke Olusola Babatunde from Ekiti State, Hon Oluwole Oke from Kwara State, Engr. Chinedum Ekeh from Abia State, and Hon. Temitope Atte from Kogi State, urged the delegates and leaders of the party to entrust him with the responsibility of being the National Chairman in order to ensure its rebirth and the enthronement of good governance in the country.

He said: “At this crucial period of our party and national polity, we need someone who has genuine interest of the party and is acceptable across boards; someone that has no integrity issue. I believe our delegates will appreciate the great need of the party for the personality I represent.”

Prof Adeniran was Minister of Education from June 1989 to January 2001, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Federal Republic of Germany between May 2004 and January 2007, Chairman of the Governing Board of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) between 2009 and 2011, and Chairman and Director of the Directorate for Social Mobilisation (MAMSER) from 1987 to 1992.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
BREAKING: Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension
Forum | 14 hours ago

BREAKING: Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension

PDP BoT Meeting Begins
Forum | 14 hours ago

PDP BoT Meeting Begins

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 15 hours ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting
Forum | 19 hours ago

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting