Photo: ''I Sponsored My Brother’s Education With Robbery Proceeds'' - Robbery Suspect

Forum 8 years ago

Photo: ''I Sponsored My Brother’s Education With Robbery Proceeds'' - Robbery Suspect

A 35-year-old suspect, Ogaga Apomu, has told police in Lagos that he spent the money he realised from robbery to sponsor his brother’s education. Apomu and two others, Daniel Yakubu (34), and Daniel Yuana (28), were arrested by police detectives for terrorising residents of Festac Town in Lagos State.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, paraded the suspects before journalists at Command Headquarters, Ikeja. The commissioner said the suspects had been on the wanted list of the command since October 13, 2015 after they carried out robbery operation in Festac Town.

According to him, the robbers stole millions of naira and goods. The suspects were arrested by men of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS), who acted on information, while attempting to carry out another robbery operation. Yakubu told our correspondent that he was invited by his younger brother to rob the place where he was working. He said:

“Initially I declined, but when I realised that the salary I was earning was not enough, I went back to him and look for some other people to join in the operation. I needed money; that was why I went to him. Our first robbery operation was at a super market in Festac Town where my younger brother was working.

It is Ogaga who brought the guns we used for the operations.” Apomu said they carted away about N1.2 million from the supermarket. He said: “The gun we used for the robbery, I got it from a friend of mine, who resides in Cotonou.
They came to Nigeria to rob. After their operation, they left the gun in my possession, since then I have been using it for robbery. “I used all the money I made from the robbery operation to sponsor the education of my younger brother at the village. I started robbery operation since 2011 from Delta State before I came down to Lagos.

“I have some other important things I can use the money for, but because we are just two from our parents and because of the love I have for him and because I want him to succeed that was why I am sending every money I made from robbery to him to further his education.”

Apomu added that his parents did not know that he was an armed robber. “I worked as a painter in Lagos before I joined the robbery gang.
I went into robbery because the money I was making from the painting job was not enough.

I don’t know how my younger brother would feel if he hears about my situation,” he said. On his part, Yuana said he was working as a stock keeper at the supermarket which they came to robbed. He said: “I was the one who invited them to come and rob the supermarket.

I persuaded my brother, Yakubu, to assist me look for people who will rob the supermarket. He declined but later came with Apomu and two others who are now at large. Surprisingly after the operation, they ran away without giving me out of the stolen money from the supermarket.

“After Ogaga and Yakubu had been arrested, they brought policemen to my house where I was also arrested. I am disappointed. God should forgive me.” Owoseni said two locallymade pistols and charms were recovered from the suspects.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Verydarkman Continues to Drag Reno Omokri, Accuses His Brother Of R3ping Teenage Girl
Forum | 1 day ago

Verydarkman Continues to Drag Reno Omokri, Accuses His Brother Of R3ping Teenage Girl

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses
Forum | 3 days ago

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses