Photos: Woman Gives Birth To The Biggest Baby In India

Forum 8 years ago

Photos: Woman Gives Birth To The Biggest Baby In India

25 year old Goga Bai and her 28 year old husband Ravindra Kumar have become proud parents of a boy weighing in at a staggering 5.970kg (13.16 pounds).

The big baby has been confirmed as the heaviest baby born in India to date.

The unnamed baby was born via caesarean section at a government hospital in Sri
Ganganagar area of Rajasthan in western India on Wednesday afternoon.

Dr Anamika Aggarwal, who was one of the four doctors who delivered the child, called him a 'miracle baby'.

She said:"I have never delivered any new-born this big. He was definitely a surprise for us. He is not only the biggest baby ever born at the hospital but in the whole country.

"His mother tried to give him a normal birth but the baby was too big to come out naturally and got stuck so we had to perform the C-section with utmost care.

"Both the mother and the child are in sound health. Initially he had respiratory trouble but now he is doing absolutely fine and is healthy."

"The mother is a diabetic patient. In cases where the mother is diabetic, her child develops the risk of obesity."Though no congenital anomaly has been detected in the child, we are keeping both him and his mother under observation and would discharge them after a week."

Goga Bai is diabetic and weighs 100kg (220 pounds).Doctors believe the mother's own weight issues led to the child's obesity.

The biggest baby born in India before this new-born was a girl from Imphal, Manipur who weighed 5.9 kgs. Clearly, Goga Bai's son has smashed the record.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 53 mins ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra
Forum | 1 hour ago

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 6 hours ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May

Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead
Forum | 7 hours ago

Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead