Please Don't Kill Me, Send Me to Jail - Jealous Man Who Killed His Ex-Wife's Husband Begs (Photo)

Forum 7 years ago

Please Don't Kill Me, Send Me to Jail - Jealous Man Who Killed His Ex-Wife's Husband Begs (Photo)

A callous 43-year-old man who allegedly murdered his ex-wife's husband has pleaded for mercy as he begged not to be sentenced to death, saying the devil made him kill the man.

Adebisi Akinrinmola allegedly killed Ashimiyu Ademola who is the husband of his former wife last week at Ajebo village, Ijebu-Igbo area of Ogun State during an altercation.

He was paraded by the Ogun State Police Command paraded alongside other 43 suspected kidnappers, murderers and robbers arrested between January and February this year.

Akinrinmola, a cocoa farmer, who hails from Ode-Oka in Ondo State, told journalists that he was married to his former wife for nine years, but that the union produced no child, explaining that he killed her husband “because he chased me with cutlass when we were quarrelling and I have to defend myself.”

His words: “When we were quarrelling, he sq££zed my cloth at my neck and I managed to escape from him. He now started chasing me with a cutlass. I ran inside my house, took a gun and shot him. It is the work of the devil.

“The government should have mercy on me by not sentencing me to death, but send me to jail.”

During the parade of no fewer than 43 suspected kidnappers, murderers and robbers arrested between January and February, the command disclosed that it recovered 25 arms and 32 ammunition in two months, adding that 19 kidnappers, 24 suspected murderers and impersonators were also arrested in the same period.

The state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, while parading the suspects at the Police Command’s headquarters, Eleweran-Abeokuta, said the command employed proactive measures to curb the menace of cultism, kidnapping, robbery and other criminal activities.

Among those paraded was a five-member robbery gang from Chad and Niger republics, who the Commissioner said confessed to have robbed a Chief Magistrate, Mrs Sofowora Oriyomi, in Abeokuta and one Pastor Abatan of the Redeemed Christian Church of God at Idi-Aba area of Abeokuta.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage
Forum | 15 hours ago

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 15 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno
Forum | 15 hours ago

Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 15 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge