Proposed ban on Muslims entering the US was just a suggestion- Donald Trump

Forum 7 years ago

Proposed ban on Muslims entering the US was just a suggestion- Donald Trump

"We have a serious problem, and it's a temporary ban -- it hasn't been called for yet, nobody's done it, this is just a suggestion until we find out what's going on," the presumptive Republican presidential nominee told Fox News Radio's Brian Kilmeade.

Trump first introduced the proposed ban back in December and he explicitly and authoritatively said in both a speech and in a press statement: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

So his sudden change of stance calling his 'statements' a 'suggestion' is seen by some US political analysts as a plot to get on the 'emotional' aspects of voters as it's almost certain he will compete against the much more gentle and less volatile Hilary Clinton.

Trump also emphasized that the proposed ban was 'temporary in nature' when asked if he will back down on his statements.

"No, it was never meant to be -- I mean that's why it was temporary," he said, when asked if he would consider backing off the controversial ban.

"Sure I'd back off on it. I'd like to back off on it as soon as possible, because frankly, I'd like to see something happen. But we have to be vigilant," he said to Fox News' Greta Van Susteren..

"There is a radical Islamic terrorism problem that our president doesn't even want to talk about."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 2 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 5 days ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial
Forum | 5 days ago

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I
Forum | 6 days ago

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I'm Just 35 And I Look Older Than My Age Now - Lady Laments