Remember Prison Break's Michael Scofield? You Might Not Recognize Him Again (Photos)

Forum 8 years ago

Remember Prison Break's Michael Scofield? You Might Not Recognize Him Again (Photos)

43-year-old American actor, model and producer, Wentworth Earl Miller III, who rose to prominence following his role as Michael Scofield in the Fox series, Prison Break, has been trolled on social media because of his new added weight.

As the meme posted by The LAD Bible (since-deleted) which fat-shamed the Prison Break star, and has since gone viral online, the hollywood actor has now addressed it by opening up about his suicidal past.

The Golden Globe nominee explained on Facebook that the pictures of his fuller figure were taken during 'the lowest point in my adult life.'

'I was looking everywhere for relief/comfort/distraction. And I turned to food,' the British-born, Brooklyn-raised actor wrote.

'It could have been anything. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. But eating became the one thing I could look forward to. Count on to get me through.

There were stretches when the highlight of my week was a favorite meal and a new episode of TOP CHEF. Sometimes that was enough. Had to be. And I put on weight. Big f***ing deal.

'Now, when I see that image of me in my red t-shirt, a rare smile on my face, I am reminded of my struggle. My endurance and my perseverance in the face of all kinds of demons...Like a dandelion up through the pavement, I persist.'

Miller, who's struggled with this since age 5, then urged others with depression to contact the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

It wasn't the first time the Princeton grad - who publicly came out in 2013 - detailed his battle with mental illness.

'The first time I tried to kill myself I was 15. I waited until my family went away for the weekend and I was alone in the house and I swallowed a bottle of pills,' Wentworth revealed at the 2013 Human Rights Campaign Dinner in Seattle.

'When someone asked me if that was a cry for help, I say no. Because I told no one. You only cry for help if you believe there's help to cry for.'

Now back to his fit self - the biracial, openly gay star begins filming the nine-episode Prison Break event series with Dominic Purcell next month in Vancouver.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
It
Forum | 11 hours ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 11 hours ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed
Forum | 3 days ago

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie
Forum | 1 week ago

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie