Robbery Suspect Arrested On Wedding Day

Forum 8 years ago

Robbery Suspect Arrested On Wedding Day

Oyo State Police Command has arrested a suspected member of a robbery gang at a marriage registry in Ibadan, the state capital.

The suspect, Olumide Asiyanbi, is allegedly a member of a six-man-robbery gang who had terrorised residents of Challenge area of Ibadan, the state capital, Police said.

According to the state commissioner of police, Muhammed Katsina, the suspected members of the gang included a 62-year-old Ghanaian.

Asiyanbi, 42, confessed that he had been involved in 10 different robbery attacks before he was arrested.

“I was arrested on my wedding day,” he said. “I met the gang leader, James Agba, last year. He told me he knew how we could be getting regular money. He then initiated me into the gang. I have taken part in at least 10 operations since I joined them.

“We used gun but I don’t know where James was buying them. Sulaimon and Alhaji, who are also in the gang, knew how the guns were bought for our operations. I have fired shots at our targets but nobody was killed,” he confessed.
[ads4]

---- Information

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher
Forum | 11 hours ago

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 18 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat
Forum | 22 hours ago

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat

Six Suspected Electricity Transformer Vandals Arrested In Yobe
Forum | 1 day ago

Six Suspected Electricity Transformer Vandals Arrested In Yobe