Rooney says media trying to write his history

Forum 7 years ago

Rooney says media trying to write his history

Wayne Rooney has described his treatment by the media as “disgraceful” and claims they are trying to write his obituary.

The England captain was photographed drunk while on international duty with the Three Lions in the last week, with reports claiming he could be stripped of captaincy.

Rooney has however made it clear that his future both at club and country level is not over.

“It feels as if the media are trying to write my obituary and I won’t let that happen,” he told reporters after Manchester United’s draw with Arsenal.

“What’s been going on is disgraceful. I’m proud to play for my country and I’m proud of my achievements. I’ve not finished yet.

“I think what’s been going on is disgraceful. It shows a lack of respect and I think enough is enough.

“That’s all I want to say.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel
Forum | 2 days ago

They Never Left Each Other - Social Media Users React To Soma’s Comment On Angel's Photo Amid Breakup Rumours

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 2 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

Ruth Kadiri Narrates How Regina Daniels, Her Mom And Others Stayed Till 3 am Trying To Save Junior Pope
Forum | 5 days ago

Ruth Kadiri Narrates How Regina Daniels, Her Mom And Others Stayed Till 3 am Trying To Save Junior Pope