‘She Is Always Threatening To Kill Herself If I Don’t Give Her Money’- Disturbed Husband Tells Court!

Forum 7 years ago

‘She Is Always Threatening To Kill Herself If I Don’t Give Her Money’- Disturbed Husband Tells Court!

A 54-year-old cleric, Saliu Oshioyemi, has urged an Igando customary court, Lagos State, to dissolve his 13-year-old marriage to his wife, Esther, for her alleged attempt to kill herself.

“My wife is always threatening to kill herself whenever I don’t have money to give her.

“There was a day she called her son and was telling him that she wanted to die so that he should take care of himself. I rushed out and saw her when she was about to drink insecticide.

“I later gave her the money she requested because I don’t just want to be tagged a murderer,” Oshioyemi alleged.

Oshioyemi said that his wife, Esther, was always in debt, saying he ended up being the one to settle the debt.

“She used to secure loan for her business and always asked me to pay. She once brought a bank manager to me asking me to sign a loan document.

“She also went to LAPO Micro Finance Bank to borrow money without my consent. I was the one that paid for the money I did not spend.

“Of late, she went to my landlord to borrow N27,000, claiming that I was the one who sent her because I was in distress.

“My landlord later asked me for the money after some months and I told him I knew nothing about it but I still paid,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that he said that his wife used to accuse him of having affairs with his female clients.

“I am a cleric and these women come for spiritual help but my wife chases them away, claiming that I am having affairs with.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Obey Court Order On Yahaya Bello - CSOs Tell EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Obey Court Order On Yahaya Bello - CSOs Tell EFCC

Account For Multi-Trillion-Naira Allocations From Federal Account Committee Or Face Legal Action - SERAP Tells Wike, 36 Governors
Forum | 2 days ago

Account For Multi-Trillion-Naira Allocations From Federal Account Committee Or Face Legal Action - SERAP Tells Wike, 36 Governors

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary

Stop Avoiding Your Responsibilities By Using DNA Test Excuse – Mary Njoku Tells Men
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Avoiding Your Responsibilities By Using DNA Test Excuse – Mary Njoku Tells Men