South African Rapper, Hip Hop Pantsula “HHP” Is Dead

Forum 5 years ago

South African Rapper, Hip Hop Pantsula “HHP” Is Dead

South African pioneering rapper HHP (Hip Hop Pantsula) aka Jabba has been reported dead at the age of 38. Lerato Sengadi, the rapper’s wife and well known publicist confirmed the death to TimesLive.

HHP is one of the pioneering artists of the successful SA hip-hop subgenre motswako (Khuli Chana, Cassper Nyovest, Fifi Cooper etc.). He is also one of the first rappers to successfully mix hip-hop and kwaito, and was one of the first SA rappers to achieve mainstream success.

He has gifted us with hits such as “Tswaka,” “Bosso,” “Music and Lights,” “Lekoko La Lekoko,” and countless others, and released several gold-selling albums.

It was rumoured that the rapper died of Cancer but there no official cause stated yet.

The cause of death hasn’t been confirmed yet. The family has issued the following statement:

“It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that Jabulani Tsambo, known to his fans as Hip Hop Pantsula passed away today, Wednesday, 24 October 2018. At the time of his passing he was 38-year-old. He is survived by his wife, his parents, two sisters, his son and nephew.The Tsambo’s request privacy during this time of mourning. Once all arrangements have been made, the family will make further communication.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 8 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 9 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 9 hours ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 14 hours ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May