South African Rapper Prokid Shot Dead. Rapper AKA, Proverb & Others Pay Tributes

Forum 5 years ago

South African Rapper Prokid Shot Dead. Rapper AKA, Proverb & Others Pay Tributes

News of Award winning, hip-hop craftsman Linda “ProKid” Mkhize’s passing has sent shockwaves through the country on Thursday morning.

ProKid’s family affirmed the news through a media proclamation after an overflowing of tributes from fans and prominent identities rose via web-based networking media.

“The incredible SA hip-hop craftsman lovingly known as ProKidof Hip-Hop passed away on Wednesday, August 8, 2018. Details on what led to the shooting is still unclear. An update will follow soon.

The announcement went ahead to include that ProKid’s family asked for protection as they endeavored to process the catastrophe.

“Additionally points of interest will be outfitted when his family has assembled.” South African Rapper Prokid Shot Dead

ProKid, who was thought to be one of the “pioneers” of hip-hop in SA will be recollected to his commitment to the business and for hits, for example, Ghetto Science and Uthini Ngo Pro.

In the mean time, a great many fans have filled Twitter with ardent tributes in ProKid’s respect.
South African Rapper Prokid Shot Dead

REST IN PEACE TO ONE OF THE GREATEST TO EVER DO IT. Gave me my break as a producer, gave me my break as an artist … There will never be another PRO. ❤️ … shocking.
— AKA (@akaworldwide) August 8, 2018

Dankie San you made ghetto metaphors and punchlines seem effortless, you birthed a whole generation of spitters that were inspired by your style. A rap pioneer, word engineer top 5 dead or alive. #RipProKidand condolences to your family. pic.twitter.com/NhDo19QUTJ
— SlikourOnLife (@slikouron) August 9, 2018

Praying the news is not true, but If it is then my brother I wish you safe passage into heaven. You were indeed a pioneer, a legend and one incredible Emcee. For the record I never considered you a ProKid but rather a ProKing! #RIPProKid #RipPRO #RIPLindaMkhize?? pic.twitter.com/XgG9GzixFv
— ProVerb (@ProVerbMusic) August 8, 2018

You inspired me to get involved in the SA hip hop culture for the purpose of putting our hood on the map. Ngiybonga for ukusivulela eMashona.
JANGALALA Representer. #1 Soweto Boy. ?????
Lala Ngoxolo Grootman lam, I’ll take it from here. Dankie San. ?? #RIPProkid?? pic.twitter.com/73PDf3z8w6
— Tweezy (@TweezyZA) August 9, 2018

“Nigcwel’ uSoulja Boy ngathi nikwi-exile, an’buy’ ezweni,
And YOOOOUUUUU blomera ver, whoa, ithi ngin’khumbuzeni”
????? We lost a special one!! I’m lost for words ?Thank you for giving me a chance Mkhize . #RIPProKid pic.twitter.com/N0pMRogITm
— Prince Mopheme (@PrinceMopheme) August 9, 2018

Gutted ? #RipProKid pic.twitter.com/G2sTNK8qcn
— Terry Pheto (@TerryPheto) August 8, 2018

My heart just sank ? #RIPProKid
— Bonganjalo (@Thandaza_Tatsi) August 8, 2018

May his beloved soul rest in peace
Lala ngoxolo grootman #RIPProkid pic.twitter.com/aZEvBBkdtq
— Dₐᵣₜₕ ᵥₐdₑᵣ ? (@sphethomafia) August 8, 2018

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 17 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 18 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 18 hours ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 23 hours ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May