Tension in Delta as Isaba youths allegedly shot dead Aladja indigene

Forum 7 years ago

Tension in Delta as Isaba youths allegedly shot dead Aladja indigene

There is tension in Delta State as some Isaba community youths in Warri south west Local Government Area today allegedly shot dead an indigene of Aladja community simply identified as Obruche Sowhare over revenue collection.

The incident happened at about 10am in Udu Local Government Area, DAILY POST reports.

Our reporter gathered that the deceased, Obruche Sowhare was shot dead at a close range on his insistence to collect a daily revenue at an illegal depot where they refine and sell diesel from the Isaba youths along Iyeghe quarters, Aladja Community.

It was gathered that the Isaba youths refused paying the daily revenue, retreated to their community, which is a stone throw and mobilized back to the scene and shot Obruche Sowhare dead.

While the scuffle between Obruche and Isaba youths lasted DAILY POST gathered that the Vice President of Aladja community council, Kingsley Vwavwahor called Obruche to remain calm over the matter and alerted the police in Ovwian Divisional headquarters before situation gets out of hand only for him to discover that Obruche Sowhare has been shot dead by the Isaba youths who allegedly staged a reprisal to Aladja community.

The incident angered Aladja community youths as they went straight to the scene and recovered the remains of Obruche Sowhare before the police from Ovwian Police Divisional Headquarters joined them in conveying the corpse to the Aladja community town hall.

The Aladja Youths have accused the Delta State Chairman of Water-Ways Security, Mr. Boro Pudu of allegedly informing officers and men of the Nigerian Army who have also deployed three patrol vans to the town to possibly give backings to his Ijaw brothers against them.

Contacted, the Chairman of Aladja community council, Mr. Elias Dogene expressed sadness over the development saying, “ I am in the town hall now. I can’t talk. This is too much for me and my community to bear. I will call you later.”

The Divisional Police Officer, Ovwian Divisional Headquarters, CSP Jonathan Acha could not be reached for comments on the matter as calls put across to his mobile phones were not reachable.

As at the time of filing this report, some indigenes and residents of Aladja have started packing out of the town for fear of reprisal.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 2 hours ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello
Forum | 19 hours ago

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello

Lady Slammed for Calling Out Uber Driver For Allegedly Hypnotizing Her
Forum | 1 day ago

Lady Slammed for Calling Out Uber Driver For Allegedly Hypnotizing Her