" They'll Kill You And Then Worship You When You're Gone.": Rapper Wale Blasts Industry On Instagram

Forum 7 years ago

" They'll Kill You And Then Worship You When You're Gone.": Rapper Wale Blasts Industry On Instagram

Wale had some things to get off his chest about the music industry. The D.C. rapper vented his frustrations in a lengthy Instagram post Sunday (Jan. 29).

"Tired. I'm tired. I tried," he wrote in a since-deleted post. "This music industry will take your soul then make you want leave ... niggas don’t respect humble, niggas don’t respect intelligence. They’ll ask for ‘this or that’ and you deliver it they’ll say it never happened."

The DC native took aim at the media for praising rappers who exhibit negative behavior over artists who promote positivity like himself. "Let me air out som ppl ... it'll make headlines," he said. "let me uplift some people it'll get buried quicker than you can say "leanmollyxan" ... they'll kill you and then worship you when you're gone."

Later on, Wale once again suggested that rappers only get the respect they deserve after they die. "Niggas only fu-Ck wit u when ur face on that Teeshirt ...this whole shit fake," he wrote.

Last December, J. Cole released "False Prophets," and fans suggested that the record was targeting Kanye West and Wale. "I got a homie, he a rapper and he wanna win bad / He want the fame, the acclaim, the respect that's been had /
By all the legends, so every time I see him, he stressin' / Talkin' 'bout, niggas don't fu-Ck with him, the shit is depressin'", rapped Cole.

In a response track called "Groundhog Day," Wale acknowledged the point Cole was trying to make. "I just heard a song about me on a hip hop blog / from a kid I know / some niggas say a hip hop God / it hit home, 'cause this some truth."

Wale may never be fully comfortable in the industry, but it doesn't mean he can't continue to put out music that resonates with fans. Listen to "Running Back," Wale's recent collab with Lil Wayne set to appear on his forthcoming Shine album.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 8 hours ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him

Bandits Kill Vigilantes, Abduct Village Head’s Son In Kaduna Communities
Forum | 3 days ago

Bandits Kill Vigilantes, Abduct Village Head’s Son In Kaduna Communities

Bandits Kill 23 Villagers In Kaduna
Forum | 4 days ago

Bandits Kill 23 Villagers In Kaduna