Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email

Forum 7 years ago

Three Most Important Rule When Sending An Application Via Email

2017 guys... You cannot keep making same mistakes over and over again... So I want to share very simple, yet!!! Important tips when sending an application via email.

Note: Please read carefully.

What led to this topic?
Last week I was privileged to have the opportunity to recruit two new guys for my team and my HOD had insisted that I used my official email to receive resumes.
I already envisaged the number of resumes I would get knowing fully well the rate of unemployment in Nigeria. So... I was unhappy that my email would be very busy with lots of spam
Unfortunately too, we did not currently have any HR software that shuffles CV

What did I do?
I went to my email settings, started playing around, and I found a solution. I was able to create a different label (box) but I had to give it a title name and I had to (without choice) specify what type of message title comes inside, what type of file can be received and what the weight of the file should be. Problem solved.

What does this imply?
It means any email without that title name or files above the specified weight will not be archived.

What did I notice?.

After publishing the vacancy, specifying what the subject of the email should be and what the maximum weight should be for resumes as well as the file type... A host of graduates still went ahead (stubbornly) to do what they think is right rather than do as instructed.

The three simple but important tips:
That being said, when applying via email, ensure the following is observed.
1. Note and obey what the recruiter has specified that your email subject should be. Otherwise you will not hear from the recruiter because he wont receive it. Don't add your own words.
2. Same as above, follow the instructions regarding whether it should be in PDF or Word. There is a reason why they said so.
3. Lastly, Ensure the file is not above the required weight.

Tip
: Be straight to the point in your application. I doubt recruiters read them. They go straight to your cv. If they ever read your email, let it be straightforward.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: He can do everything – Forden names Man City’s most important player
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: He can do everything – Forden names Man City’s most important player

EPL: I’m most important person at Man City – Guardiola on why he scolds players
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: I’m most important person at Man City – Guardiola on why he scolds players

AAU commences application for accommodation into halls of residence, 2023/2024
Forum | 2 weeks ago

AAU commences application for accommodation into halls of residence, 2023/2024