Unilag Student Who Graduated With 5.0 CGPA Gets N500, 000 Reward+Other Prices

Forum 8 years ago

Unilag Student Who Graduated With 5.0 CGPA Gets N500, 000 Reward+Other Prices

Last week, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Prof Rahamon Bello announced at a press briefing that Daniel Dada Ayodele, a graduate of Psychology, had become the first UNILAG student to graduate with a 5.0 CGPA, and yesterday, the star stole all attention at the University’s 2014/2015 Convocation ceremony.PUNCH reports that the school’s top academics showered the Ekiti State-borngraduate with praises, and they include Prof. Jerry Gana; Vice-Chancellor, Prof.Rahamon Bello, and the President of the institution’s alumni association, Dr. Sunny Kuku.While eulogizing Dada, Dr Sunny Kuku pledged to give him N500, 000 on behalf of the alumni association. Othergraduating students hailed Dada, calledhim a ‘genius’, an accolade he refused to accept.“I do not have to be a genius to get the results of a genius,” Dada said. “I believe every one can achieve whatever they want to achieve in life. The best way to serve God is through excellencein whatever we do,” he said. “However, we all cannot be doctors, engineers, pharmacists, among others. So to my colleagues, I urge them to remain steadfast in their various undertakings in life.”And Dada received other prizes at the convocation ceremony which include the Vice-Chancellor’s Prize, Dean’s Prize, UNILAG Parent Forum Prize, Tony Elumelu Legacy Prize, the UNILAG AlumniAssociation Prize, the late Eni Njoku Academic Prize, Prof. Tolu Odugbemi Prize and the late Prof. Adetokunbo Sofoluwe Prize.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date
Forum | 3 days ago

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini
Forum | 3 days ago

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini

Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar Gets 70mm Imax Rerelease for 10th Anniversary
Forum | 6 days ago

Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar Gets 70mm Imax Rerelease for 10th Anniversary

Heroes Reboot Gets Title, First Details on Timeline
Forum | 1 week ago

Heroes Reboot Gets Title, First Details on Timeline