Vardy looking forward to partnership with Ahmed Musa

Forum 7 years ago

Vardy looking forward to partnership with Ahmed Musa

Leicester City striker, Jamie Vardy, has said he is looking forward to forming a potent attacking partnership with new arrival, Ahmed Musa.
The Nigerian forward joined the Premier League champions, for a club record fee of £15m from Russian side CSKA Moscow this summer.

Musa’s style has drawn comparisons with Vardy’s, but the England international says they can play together.

“He is quick. I’ve seen him before. I’ve watched him in the Champions League at home when he played for CSKA Moscow and he always had that speed and obviously he can finish well,” Vardy told the Leicestermercury.co.uk.

“Hopefully, it will bring another aspect to our strike force. ”
It is good having competition. The more competition you ‘ve got the extra everyone puts in on the training ground wanting to get into gaffer’s plans and it can benefit the squad.

“We had that the other year when people said I couldn’t play up front with Leo (Ulloa) because we were too different. But obviously that was a load of rubbish.

“I can definitely play with him, you just both adapt. Nuge (David Nuggent) was one of those who joined the midfield and attack, then you have Leo who is like the front man so I might drop in a bit.

“You have to constantly adapt, but that is what we do on the training field. You get to know each other and it becomes automatic.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie
Forum | 18 hours ago

Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie

Monopoly Movie Moves Forward at Lionsgate, Margot Robbie Tapped to Produce
Forum | 6 days ago

Monopoly Movie Moves Forward at Lionsgate, Margot Robbie Tapped to Produce

EPL: His best game in Arsenal shirt – Alan Smith hails forward after 3-0 Brighton win
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: His best game in Arsenal shirt – Alan Smith hails forward after 3-0 Brighton win

You Love Drama But Will Still Lose Elections In 2027 - Bashir Ahmed Slams Peter Obi Over Breaking Of Ramadan Fast
Forum | 4 weeks ago

You Love Drama But Will Still Lose Elections In 2027 - Bashir Ahmed Slams Peter Obi Over Breaking Of Ramadan Fast