Video Review: "King Kong (Remix)" By Vector Featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq & Uzi

Forum 8 years ago

Video Review: "King Kong (Remix)" By Vector Featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq & Uzi

Vector The Viper is my favourite rapper for many reasons. one, he can rap. I mean, he can really rap. Even though the Nigerian market can turn the best rapper into a Davido or Wizkid wannabe, Vector has continued to ride that thin line that exists between pop and rap so well that one is forced to choose between singing/rapping along or dance to his music.

Secondly, I'm impressed with the quality of work he puts out. Since the release of his second single Maryjane, he makes sure there is something different, something that sets him apart from the other stuff that is being released at that point. This alone is enough reason for the success he has enjoyed so far.

I could go on and on about what makes me like him, but that's a story for another day.

He recently released a video for his single King Kong remix and I must say, the first thought I had was a question. Where have I seen this video before? Then I remembered: Jay Z's On To the Next One video. The difference behind Vector's video and Jay z's was probably the fact that Vector alongside Uzikwendu Classiq, Phynofino and Reminisce appeared in the video as against Jay z and Swizz Beatz appearing in theirs.

From the colour theme of the video to the symbols and characters, I just couldn't help but notice the similarities.

This is not saying the video was bad, on the contrary it was impressive. I guess Vector just wanted the world to notice his new found love for "graphic arts."

I also feel he could have given the featured artists more 'screen time' with all the abstract dancing going on, it was hard for viewers to actually see the faces of the persons rapping.

One must also commend the rapper Classiq. Out of all the musicians featured, his verse was the one I enjoyed the most. It's a pity we've not heard more of his material but I hope he remedies this as soon as possible. We need a Hausa Olamide or Phyno.

All in all, Vector's King Kong remix video makes a good watch. But it would have been better if the concept of the video was not blatantly ripped from another person's work.

Download If You Missed This Awesome Video. Download Now!!
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Running Man: Edgar Wright Directing Stephen King Adaptation Starring Glen Powell
Forum | 1 week ago

The Running Man: Edgar Wright Directing Stephen King Adaptation Starring Glen Powell

Transformers One Logo Revealed for Animated Movie Featuring Chris Hemsworth as Optimus Prime
Forum | 1 week ago

Transformers One Logo Revealed for Animated Movie Featuring Chris Hemsworth as Optimus Prime

Mary: Anthony Hopkins Is Playing King Herod in New Biblical Epic, Details Revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

Mary: Anthony Hopkins Is Playing King Herod in New Biblical Epic, Details Revealed

Tulsa King Director Denies Claims that Sylvester Stallone Mocked Actors on Set
Forum | 1 week ago

Tulsa King Director Denies Claims that Sylvester Stallone Mocked Actors on Set