We are down but not out – Dedevbo speaks ahead of Falconet’s game against Canada

Forum 7 years ago

We are down but not out – Dedevbo speaks ahead of Falconet’s game against Canada

Head coach of Nigeria’s U-20 women’s team, Peter Dedevbo, has remained bullish despite their 6-0 loss to Japan, in their first game at the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea .

Dedevbo admitted that the Japanese were superior, but is adamant that the loss is the end of the road for the Falconets.

Nigeria take on Canada in their second group match on Wednesday and Dedevbo says they can pick maximum points from their two remaining games.

“We are down but not out, and this is the time for us to fight till the end of the competition,” he said.

“It would be foolhardy for us to start feeling sorry for ourselves because it will affect our focus for the remaining games in the tournament.

“I must acknowledge the fact that the Japanese side was good, even though I didn’t envisage the goal margin.

“The outcome means that we will return to the trenches and re-strategize.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 1 day ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 2 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima
Forum | 2 days ago

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 6 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat